Almost two months after opening this site, it’s now time to post the a series of release candidates for the new 1.5.0 stable series of builds.
- Graphical/ audio backend ported to openTK.
- Package Managment system added.
- Correctly moving bogies added.
- Various animation variables added.
- Large numbers of bugs fixed. (Probably some new ones too!)
- New in-game map & gradient profile.
- Timetable display options improved.
- Fix a critical Windows installer bug.
- Improve error handling when loading the train.dat file
- Fix a crash when attempting to clone a null object.
- Add ~30 additional translatable strings. (Thanks MarcRiera!)
- Selecting package dependancies could crash in some cases.
- It was possible to get the installer stuck in an unresolved state when a version conflict occured.
- The bug report dialog wasn’t working properly on Linux due to path issues.
- Package websites missing the http:// would cause a crash when clicked on.
- Improved UI on package management. (Button placement etc. - Thanks MarcRiera)
- Fixed various bugs relating to packages with dependancies.
- Improve handling of various situations pertaining to a missing Data folder.
- Fix a crash when creating packages on some versions of OS-X.
- Added a Recently Used folders list to the route and train browsers.
- Add the animation function TrackFollowerFunction
- Add railtypes to the list of available commands for use in a Cycle.
- Fix a crash when creating packages.
- Train packages could under certain circumstances acquire an extra ‘Train’ folder/
- The route and train lists under the ‘Start’ screen were not refreshed when installing or removing a package.
- Fix a rare crash encountered when loading a texture failed unexpectedly.
Note: The inital version of RC 6 contained two critical bugs on non-Windows platforms. These have now been fixed- Please re-download if OpenBVE fails to launch.