- Added animated bogies to train cars. (This was previously possible with various physics based hacks, but not officially supported)
- Extend a range of variables available via the plugin interface & animated files.
- Port backend libraries to openTK.
- In-game menu and information displays re-written.
- Animated objects may now follow the path of Track 0.
- Package management: Allow developers to create a managed package format, providing an easy installation and metadata for routes and trains. (Largely complete!)
- Deprecate the extensions.cfg files, in favour of an XML based system allowing much greater flexibility.
- Multiple views (Cab, passenger etc.) available per train.
- Object parsers converted to shared plugins.
- Touch controls available in 2D and 3D panels.
- Further extend the XML configuration of trains, to allow the creation of custom ‘consists’
- Route parser converted to a shared plugin.
- Train parsers converted to a shared plugin.
- Re-write the main simulation renderer to move away from using openGL intermediate mode.
- 64-bit builds, with a proxy to load existing train plugins.
- Add a parser for Mechanik routes.
- OpenGL main menu for systems not supporting WinForms.
- Scratch written BMP decoder.
Version 1.9 is currently under development.
The current focus is on improving and implementing basic operations other than a simple linear world.
- Add Quad-Tree visibility to allow for intersecting routefiles.
- Allow existing routefiles to be driven in the reverse direction.
- Implement basic uncoupling of cars from the player train.
- Scratch written PNG decoder.
- Basic coupling of trains.
- Allow running on other rails.
- Parser for MSTS trains.
- Keyframe based animation.
- BVE5 routefile parser.