- Added animated bogies to train cars. (This was previously possible with various physics based hacks, but not officially supported)
- Extend a range of variables available via the plugin interface & animated files.
- Port backend libraries to openTK.
- In-game menu and information displays re-written.
- Animated objects may now follow the path of Track 0.
- Package management: Allow developers to create a managed package format, providing an easy installation and metadata for routes and trains. (Largely complete!)
- Deprecate the extensions.cfg files, in favour of an XML based system allowing much greater flexibility.
- Multiple views (Cab, passenger etc.) available per train.
- Object parsers converted to shared plugins.
- Touch controls available in 2D and 3D panels.
Version 1.7 is currently under development. As the object parsers have now been converted to a plugin interface, the next step is to similarly convert the Route and Train parsers. This will eventually hopefully allow the loading of a much larger range of content from other simulators.
- Further extend the XML configuration of trains, to allow the creation of custom ‘consists’
- Route parser converted to a shared plugin.
- Train parsers converted to a shared plugin.
Work In Progress Features:
- Improve the simulation options available to train developers.
- Re-write the main simulation renderer to move away from using openGL intermediate mode.
- 64-bit builds, with a proxy to load existing train plugins.