This version of OpenBVE introduces QuadTree visibility, which may be enabled by setting Options.ObjectVisibilty to 2 in routefiles, along with several significant other changes to improve stutter in more complex routes. Hotfix to v18.104.22.168 to fix a glitch with visibility using track based visibility modes and program generated camera movements.
- New: Add QuadTree visibility mode- This performs considerably better than track based visibility, and should be considered for all new routes.
- New: Use a separate thread to update visibilty, reduces stutter on complex routes.
- New: Support another variant of the DenshaDeGo! One Handle controller for Nintendo Switch.
- New: Add ScaleX, ScaleY and ScaleZ functions for animation.
- Change: When in 32-bit mode, Unload Unused Textures will be automatically enabled if critical memory pressure occurs.
- Change: Implement caching of texture origins, speeds up multiple uses of large textures.
- Change: Cache the texture transparency type, reduces stutter when using large textures.
- Fix: Issue with an incorrect number of cars being returned to .Net runtime plugins.
- Fix: Some variants of compressed DXT textures failed to decode correctly.
- Fix: A $Include file containing invalid characters in it’s filename crashed the parser.
- Fix: Issue with brake sounds in BVE5 motor sound parser (experimental)
- Fix: Issue with faces containing a texture but no co-ordinates in the Assimp OBJ parser.
- Change: Invert dissolve factor in original OBJ parser.
- Fix: An unknown section could freeze the animated parser.
- Fix: Vertex colors could be incorrect when using the NewXParser.