This tool allows to preview one or more object files. Objects can be added at any time and also reloaded to quickly reflect changes. Keyboard and mouse controls allow to move and rotate the camera. If objects contain errors, a report can be optionally displayed.
Files that are passed as command line arguments are automatically opened at startup. If a CSV file is determined to be a CSV route instead of a CSV object, RouteViewer.exe
will be started if present inside the same folder as ObjectViewer.exe. This allows you to link CSV files against either Object Viewer or Route Viewer and still have the correct tool opening the file.
Please note that Object Viewer always interprets files as UTF-8 unless a byte order mark indicates a different Unicode encoding. Non-Unicode encodings are not supported.
Supported object file formats:
This tool does not support the plugin API yet. This means that only the built-in texture formats (BMP, PNG, GIF, JPG, TIF) are supported.
Please also see the changelog of the main program.
● Version 126.96.36.199 (2016-01-30)
- Added support for antialiasing and anisotropic filtering.
- Added support for different window sizes.
● Version 188.8.131.52 (2011-11-30)
- Added support for managed content package references.
● Version 184.108.40.206 (2011-01-07)
- The file system organization has changed along with the openBVE main program. Object Viewer accepts the /filesystem=FILE switch.
● Version 220.127.116.11 (2010-07-31)
- Animated objects were not updated immediately after loading or reloading objects, but only after RefreshRate seconds had passed.
● Version 18.104.22.168 (2010-07-28)
- Some animated objects using state changes could crash the program due to a faulty renderer.
● Version 22.214.171.124 (2010-07-11)
- Different background colors can now be cycled through using the [B] key. Pressing [Shift+B] allows to select arbitrary colors via a picker.
● Version 126.96.36.199 (2010-03-14)
- If a CSV file is passed as a command-line argument, Route Viewer is started if the file is determined to be a CSV route instead of a CSV object. The detection is now solely based on the presence of the CreateMeshBuilder string.
● Version 188.8.131.52 (2010-01-24)
- Removed the dependency on specific versions of the Tao.OpenAL, Tao.OpenGL and Tao.SDL libraries, which could cause problems in recent Linux distributions.
● Version 184.108.40.206 (2009-06-28)
- Animated objects are now supported.
● Version 220.127.116.11 (2009-06-14)
- Support for custom normals in AddVertex (CSV) and Vertex (RW) commands.
- Support for the Shear and ShearAll commands.
- As for responsiveness, complex objects are not optimized any longer in order to improve loading times.
● Version 18.104.22.168 (2009-04-26)
- Added options to show coordinate system grid and to hide interface
- Changed some key assignments to be more memorable