This release contains several more requested features, as well as improvements to the main menu system. There has been one behavioural change affecting all prior content.
In prior versions of OpenBVE, pressing and holding a horn key would cause the sound to repeatedly trigger until the key was released. This has been changed to the following:
- Primary & Secondary horns: The sound will play once.
- MusicHorn: The sound will toggle on with the first keypress, then toggle off.
Please see also the following errata note:
- New: Three-part horn sounds are now supported.
- New: A needle declared within a Panel2.cfg file, with the subject of hour , min or sec will now accept the additional parameter Smoothed , to use either smooth or stepped rotations.
- New: Switch sounds based upon the current run index are now supported.
- New: The subjects Klaxon , PrimaryKlaxon , SecondaryKlaxon and MusicKlaxon are now available for animations.
- New: In-game menus may be scrolled using the mouse.
- Fix: An optimised animated object with multiple functions could appear in the wrong position.
- Fix: Object based backgrounds broken in certain obscure cases.
- Fix: Object based backgrounds could clip incorrectly.
- Fix: Incorrect keyup events generated when leaving the in-game menu.
- Fix: The pressure for a straight air-brake did not quite go to zero, causing the run sound to continously play for some trains.
- Fix: A train with defined bogies for cars greater than than the length in train.dat crashed.
- Fix: If the restart process was invalid in filesystem.cfg , this would generate an error message & not restart.
- Fix: A control with no assigned target would crash the in-game configuration menu.
- Fix: The mouse did not work in the second or greater page of in-game menus with multiple pages.
- Change: Disable the FileSystemWatcher on OS-X, as this leaks open file handles.
- Change: Enter key not marked for translation.
- Change: Update pt-PT translation.